Texas ports are responsible for handling 565 Million Tons of cargo. The economy of Texas plays a direct role in both Texas and the country through the Port of Houston. Port of Texas City, Port of Galveston, and Port of Texas City. These vital seaports allow enormous amounts of imports or exports to pass, and they provide millions of jobs.
Your employer must minimize your injury risk. However working on boats and rigs is physically demanding work and accidents can occur. If you’ve been in an accident and sustained injuries, do not hesitate to file for compensation.
Our maritime attorneys are here to help. We represent victims of injuries in onshore and offshore environments, where safety regulations may not be enforced. Our company has a vast reach that spans the entire country. We are familiar in many major cities throughout the country.
We have the experience to get you maximum compensation thanks to our decades-long combined experience. We know that physical injuries are difficult enough without adding the added stress of legal proceedings. The good news is that you don’t have to delay in filing a complaint, regardless of the circumstances. Insurance companies will generally push for quick settlements, if they believe your condition may be permanent or life-threatening. Don’t let the insurance companies rush you to get the compensation you need.
Schechter Shaffer & Harris has the expertise to help you if you’ve suffered an off-shore or onshore injury. We are Jones Act specialists and have helped many clients obtain the compensation they required to protect their families.
WHAT COME COMMON OFFSHORE INFJURIES?
It is not uncommon for seamen to sustain injuries while working as maritime workers. Here are some examples of serious injuries.
- Broken finger, hand or arm, leg, foot or back
- Burns (common with longshoremen).
- The condition of the compartment (inadequate bloodflow to tissues)
- Broken finger(s), hand or arm, leg, and foot
- Deep cut and laceration
- Injured neck/back, including herniated or strain discs.
- Loss of limb
- Lung problems include pleural disease
- Torn muscles or ligaments
- Exposition to toxic chemicals
- Traumatic brain injury
These potential injuries that can result from maritime accidents can impact longshore and harbour workers for weeks, months and even years. No seamen who are injured should have to cover the cost of their injuries.
Many injuries, whether they occur offshore or onshore, can lead to financial, physical, or emotional damages that can be very difficult to cover. It is possible to recover the damages you deserve by filing a maritime lawsuit. Our maritime lawyers can help guide you through your rights and fight to protect them, no matter what the vessel is.
WHATTYPES OF DAMAGES MAY I RECEIVE FROM A MARITIME INCIDENT CLAIM?
The maritime sector can be very difficult. A maritime worker could be at risk from everything, from fishing commercially to working on oil wells. Negligent or wrongful behavior by an employer or employee can cause serious harm to your health. This could result in you losing more than just lost time at work. Our law firm can help you obtain compensation for damages such as:
Medical bills are for medical care such as hospitalizations, procedures, tests and medication. No matter how serious your injuries are or how long you have been in hospital, the medical bills can quickly add up.
Rehabilitation expenses are necessary to assist in recovery. These include transport to visit with doctors or make rehabilitation appointments. Temporary housing/living costs for extended recovery periods.
Wages lost due to injury or illness on the jobs. You can be compensated for any wages lost due to your injuries.
Permanent disability and/or loss to earning capacity (future salary loss) This depends on how severe your injuries were and what long-term consequences they have on your ability for you to live and work.
Emotional distress and/or suffering. Because these types injuries often cause emotional distress, or pain and suffering, permanent disability awards are often adjusted to account for this. Our firm is committed in helping maritime workers to keep their lives moving after an injury. We understand how you feel.
Punitive Damages for Reckless Behavior that Causes Harm on Purpose.
Our maritime accident lawyers are experts in helping clients to get the compensation that they need. We have the experience to help you build a strong case after an accident at sea.
It is already stressful enough losing work time. It’s unfair to be forced to cope with medical bills you have no money for. Our maritime injury lawyers will protect your rights so that your family gets the best possible care and compensation.
The maritime sector can be very difficult. The maritime industry can have many potentially dangerous aspects, such as commercial fishing or working on oil wells. Negligent or wrongful behavior by an employer or employee can cause serious harm to your health. This could result in you losing more than time from work. Our maritime law firm can help you obtain compensation for damages such as:
- Medical bills are for medical care such as hospitalization, treatment, testing, medication, and emergency care. These medical costs can be very high, regardless of whether you have sustained severe injuries or were hospitalized for extended periods.
- Rehabilitation expenses are necessary to assist in recovery. These include transport to consult with doctors or for rehabilitation appointments. Temporary housing and living costs during prolonged recovery periods.
- Wages lost due to injury or illness on the jobs. You can be compensated for any wages lost due to your injuries.
- Permanent disability and/or loss to earning capacity (future salary loss) This is determined by how seriously you were hurt in the accident and the long-term affect it has on both your ability to live a normal life and your ability for work.
- Emotional distress and/or severe pain and suffering. This is often taken into consideration when permanent disability awards are made. People who suffer these types injuries often have emotional difficulties, such anxiety or depression. Our firm is focused on helping maritime workers get back to work after an injury. We understand how you feel.
- Punitive Damages for Reckless Behavior that Causes Harm on Purpose.
Our maritime accident lawyers are skilled in helping clients receive the compensation they have earned for their injuries. We have the experience to help you build a strong case after an accident at sea.
Losing work time is stressful enough. It’s unfair to have to cope with mounting medical costs that you have no means of paying. Our maritime injury attorneys defend your rights to ensure you, your family, and the future of your loved ones are well-cared for.
Our law firm has an experienced maritime lawyer who will assist you with your claim. The maritime industry is subject to certain commercial regulations, acts, and laws such as Jones Act and Harbor Workers Compensation Act. This helps protect your rights in specific situations. We will help you understand what your rights are and fight for what is rightfully ours.
A strong case starts with detailed documentation. This includes information on what occurred on the dates, and any receipts or medical bills.
The sea conditions at the moment of your injury should be taken into consideration, along with any significant weather events such lightning storms and severe illnesses that may affect other workers. Our firm will help you make a timeline of the factors that led to your injuries. We will then be able to provide more detailed advice about how we can proceed with your case.
It’s important for you to keep in mind that every maritime injury case is unique. This means that it’s not possible to use only the experiences of clients who have had different cases. Our firm will take the time necessary to get to know your claim and provide you with detailed advice about how to help you.
Because maritime claims can be complex, it is essential to have an experienced lawyer who knows the industry and can advise you on how to proceed.
Our maritime law firm is dedicated to protecting our clients’ rights in a variety of ways.
- Together, we can build a solid case.
- Protect your dignity and rights in the face negligent employers and negligent coworkers
- It’s important to be heard in navigating the complex legal system. This can prove difficult for workers.
- Take on each stage of the process, from investigation to litigation and beyond. Maritime injury lawsuits are complex. Experts must be able and willing to work with judges and juries to resolve them.
You can get the professional assistance you need if you’ve been injured due to negligence, negligent maintenance or a failure to adhere to safety standards. We can assist workers injured in obtaining compensation for lost earnings, medical expenses, mental anguish, as well.
HTML1 _____ HTML1
These injuries can ruin a seaman’s career or end their work as a sailor. Severe injuries to the back, arms, legs and hands can result from the physical demands that come with working at sea. Incapable to work can cause financial problems for you and your family.
It doesn’t matter if your employer or insurance company settles your claim. It is necessary to have a team qualified local maritime attorneys fighting for your rights and getting you the help you need to make a full recovery.
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt or killed in an accident on the seas or off-shore, contact our Jones Act law firm for legal advice. Our Texas Injury Attorneys provide assistance to maritime and port workers.
To receive a free consultation for maritime workers who have been injured, contact our Jones Act law company today.